2012 Academy Calendar
MSDE conducted 10 regional Educator Effectiveness Academies during the summer of 2012.
October 18-24, 2012
Outcomes for the 2012 Academy
- Review final version of Reading/English Language Arts and Mathematics Frameworks, identify changes, and introduce content literacy frameworks.
- Develop knowledge of the Maryland STEM standards of Practice and Frameworks.
- Develop knowledge of the format, lessons, and media resources in the Reading/English Language Arts and Mathematics.
- Develop knowledge of STEM unit components and resources.
- Practice navigating curriculum toolkits and develop applications based on curriculum toolkit models.
- Update participants on PARCC assessment development, design and timeline (and if possible, engage in activities related to innovative item types).
- Create a school plan that will guide school staff in delivering content and curriculum toolkit.